Electric vehicles (EVs) are becoming increasingly popular, and one of the biggest challenges for EV owners is finding a convenient and affordable way to charge their vehicles. Solar electric vehicle charging at home is a great option for EV owners who want to save money on their energy bills and reduce their carbon footprint.
There are two main types of solar electric vehicle chargers:
- Level 1 chargers use a standard 120-volt household outlet and can provide a charge rate of about 2-5 miles per hour.
- Level 2 chargers use a 240-volt outlet and can provide a charge rate of about 10-20 miles per hour.
If you have a small EV and don’t drive very often, a Level 1 charger may be sufficient. However, if you have a larger EV or drive a lot, a Level 2 charger is a better option.
There are a number of different solar electric vehicle chargers available on the market. Some chargers are designed to be installed by a professional, while others can be installed by the homeowner.
The cost of a solar electric vehicle charger will vary depending on the type of charger, the size of the charger, and the installer. However, the cost of solar electric vehicle charging is typically much lower than the cost of charging your EV with electricity from the grid.
In addition to the cost savings, solar electric vehicle charging at home has a number of other benefits, including:
- It is more environmentally friendly.
- It is more reliable.
- It is more convenient.
If you are considering buying an EV, solar electric vehicle charging at home is a great option to consider. It can save you money, reduce your carbon footprint, and give you peace of mind knowing that you can always charge your EV at home.
Here are some of the factors to consider when choosing a solar electric vehicle charger:
- The type of EV you own.
- The amount of driving you do.
- The size of your solar system.
- Your budget.
Here are some of the benefits of solar electric vehicle charging at home:
- It can save you money on your energy bills.
- It can reduce your carbon footprint.
- It is more convenient than charging at a public charging station.
- It is more reliable than charging at a public charging station.
If you are considering solar electric vehicle charging at home, here are some of the things you need to do:
- Get a quote from a solar installer.
- Choose the right type of charger for your needs.
- Install the charger.
- Start charging your EV!