Daily News for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency, Wind, Wave, Solar & Biofuel
indiasol 2014

Solar PV

Trina Solar Yunnan Metallurgical

Trina Solar Announces Acquisition of 90 % Stake in Yunnan Metallurgical New Energy

Trina Solar Limited (NYSE: TSL) ,  today announced it has entered into a share purchase agreement and acquired a 90% stake in Yunnan Metallurgical New Energy Co., Ltd  from Yunnan Metallurgical Group Co., Ltd., Kunming Yeyan New Material Co., Ltd., and Kunming Engineering & Research Institute of Nonferrous Metallurgy Co., Ltd. .  The remaining 10% will be collectively

Solar Thermal Energy

Concentrated Solar Thermal Power ( CSP ) Technology

Concentrated Solar Thermal Power ( CSP ) Technology Explained. The Basics

The are several different types of concentrated solar thermal technologies and ways to apply them. This video from the U.S. department of energy outlines the basics of concentrating solar power ( CSP ) technology as it stands today. The most common forms of CSP include something as simple as solar tubes in a solar hot water system for home or industry, to parabolic solar trough, solar dishes that track the sun and solar towers with hundreds of computer controlled mirrors.

Energy Storage

Research News

Solar HotWater

Solar Thermal Hot Water System

Solar Thermal Hot Water System Installed at Low-Income Housing Complex

The system, installed at the Coral Wood Court Apartments, will enable low-income Reseda residents to use renewable energy and reduce energy costs while creating local green jobs. This financed system uses price-indexed energy to guarantee energy savings to the host low-income housing community, versus standard utility rates. The system is expected to save more than $175,000 over 30 years

Solar Gadgets

Wind

Alternative fuels

Fuel Cells

OTEC

Offshore Renewable Energy

Gathering spot for those Interested in the Effects of Offshore Renewable Energy

Offshore Renewable Energy – SEATTLE, Washington ( Solar Thermal Magazine ) – Wondering what the impact on killer whales might be from a turbine installed under the sea? Curious whether crabs and other crustaceans might be attracted to underwater cables carrying electricity to homes and businesses on the mainland? Interested in which country is harvesting the

Wave Energy

Tidal

Energy Efficiency

Energy Storage

University

cornell university research

Exotic Material is like a Switch when Super Thin – Cornell University Research

New Cornell University Research. ITHACA, N.Y. – Researchers from Cornell University and Brookhaven National Laboratory have shown how to switch a particular transition metal oxide, a lanthanum nickelate (LaNiO3), from a metal to an insulator by making the material less than a nanometer thick. Ever-shrinking electronic devices could get down to atomic dimensions with the help

Top