The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and India’s Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) and Department of Science and Technology (DST) have announced three workshops on Solar Resource Assessment and Solar Project Development featuring experts from DOE’s National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) and from research institutions in India affiliated to the Solar Research Institute for India and the US (SERIIUS).
The workshops will be held at the National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE), Gurgaon; the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore; and the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai. The workshops build on ongoing collaboration in renewable energy between the two countries under the US-India Energy Dialogue and the Joint Clean Energy R&D Centers (JCERDC), co-ordinated by the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF).
The 2016 edition of the workshops will present new data which has been collected during the last two years. The workshops are intended to provide solar developers throughout India information on the new solar resource data and training on how to leverage the data in financial analyses to improve assessments of potential solar projects.
The workshops will be held on:
• April 11, 2016 at the National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE) in Gurgaon
• April 13, 2016 at the Indian Institute of Science (I I Sc) in Bengaluru
• April 15, 2016 at the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB) in Mumbai.
The primary audience is solar project developers in India, including both PV and CSP developers of all-scales (utility-scale, self-supply, rooftop), and financing companies interested in investing in solar projects. Because this is similar content to the previous workshops, preference will be given to new participants.
Course Contents include:
• Solar Measurements Overview
• Solar Modeling Overview
Participants are strongly encouraged to have a minimum academic qualification of graduation in science or engineering. Participants should be from industry, or be an individual intending to set up a solar company. A very limited number of persons from academic/research institutions will be accepted. Basic knowledge of solar energy is a pre-requisite.
Applications will be screened for suitability. Registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- At the National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE) in Gurgaon for Registration and Queries Mr Rahul Pachauri, JRS E-mail: [email protected] Mob: +91 99907 09444 / Tel: 0124-285 3028
- At the Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru on April 13, 2016 (Wednesday): IISc Bengaluru, CV Raman Avenue, Bengaluru – 560 012 Contact Person: Dr. Sanchita Sengupta, DST-INSPIRE faculty E mail: [email protected] Phone: 080-2293 3525
- At the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai on April 15, 2016 (Friday): IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400 076 Contact Persons: Ms. Smita Bhattacharjee / Ms. Rupali Chavan Email: [email protected] Phone: +91 22-2576 4480
There is no registration fee for the Workshops, as these are supported by Department of Energy (USA), Ministry of New and Renewable Energy; GoI, and SERIIUS under the bi-lateral JCERDC. Last date for submitting registration form by email: March 28, 2016. Here is a link to the application form.