Fraunhofer TechBridge is now accepting applications for the SunRISE TechBridge Challenge, in partnership with Royal
- Improving cell-to-module conversion efficiency
- Reducing the overall lifetime cost of module materials per unit energy through novel materials
- Retrofit solutions to reduce operation and maintenance costs
- Technologies enabling non-traditional solar deployment
- Business models that integrate solar PV with energy storage
Winning applicants will be eligible for one or more of the following awards:
- Up to $100,000 in technical validation services from the world-renowned Fraunhofer R&D network
- Greentown Launch incubation and acceleration program at Greentown Labs, up to $130,000 value in in-kind tools, products, and services
- Partnership and/or a project with DSM
- Venture investment from DSM
Applicants will be evaluated based on the potential impact of their solution, with a key parameter being the LCOE.
Proposals are due by March 16, 2016 at: www.FhTechBridgeChallenge.org/SunRISE. Awardees’ intellectual property is fully protected throughout the process.