According to the makers of Smartflower POP, the pre-ignition of the upcoming COP21* 2015 (the UN Climate Conference in December of this year) in Paris has started. EDF ENR, France has installed a Smartflower at the Seine River, in the city centre.
The Smartflower POP is an all-in-one solar system. As the sun rises in the morning, smartflower POP unfolds itself completely automatically. It directs its solar modular fan (with a surface area of 18 square metres) towards the sun and begins producing electricity for you – for your hot shower, your fresh coffee, the breakfast radio. Thanks to dual-axle sun tracking, the fan moves reliably along with the sun throughout the day.
The result: in comparison with the static rooftop system, the unit starts earlier in order to produce the exact amount of electricity you need. It consistently maintains the electricity supply and even uses the energy from the last sun rays efficiently enough to cover your early evening electricity requirements. Only then, does it close up to its secure position, which is also completely automatic.
The Smartflower POP’s features:
- All-in-One solar solution without extensive installation (Plug & Play)
- Efficient energy production: up to 40% more output due to innovative smart tracking, on demand exactly when you need it
- Thanks to smart cooling and smart cleaning, common losses in output due to heat and contamination are prevented by up to 15%
- Ideal if your roof is not an option (installation, aesthetics, rental property): smartflower POP can be set up in the garden and can be taken along when you move
- Highest quality made in Austria and best support from local dealers
ST Staff Writers
This post was prepared by Solar Thermal Magazine staff.