Hudson Valley residents, community leaders, and business owners will be honored on August
The 100% campaign awarded more than $200,000 in grants to community-based organizations that champion accessible and affordable energy.
“Talk about making clean energy accessible – the Hudson Valley leads New York and the nation in making clean energy accessible!” said Ruffalo, co-founder of The Solutions Project, which runs the 100% campaign. Ruffalo, perhaps best known for playing the Incredible Hulk in the Avengers movies, will present the awards. “I am excited to celebrate energy pioneers.”
More than 1,000 campaign supporters will gather to celebrate the hard work and leadership of the following award winners:
- The Alliance for a Greater New York (ALIGN), which focuses on social and economic justice
- Alliance for a Green Economy (AGREE), which promotes a carbon-free and nuclear-free future
- Bronx Cooperative Development Initiative, whose Building Power program expands clean energy and creates jobs
- Catskill Mountainkeeper, which works to keep the Hudson Valley and Catskill Mountains pristine
- New York State Sustainable Business Council (NYSSBC), made up of businesses committed to advancing a sustainable economy
- People United for Sustainable Housing (PUSH Buffalo), whose efforts to strengthen communities in Buffalo include supporting affordable, energy-efficient housing
- UPROSE, which promotes the sustainability and resiliency of Brooklyn’s Sunset Park community
Due to the Hudson Valley’s national leadership in clean energy, The Solutions Project chose here to celebrate the inaugural 100% Awards from the 100% campaign. The Campaign was launched in New York in June 2015 and is rolling out nationwide.
“Our award winners are just a few of the many people and groups across the state working to make clean energy accessible and affordable for all,” said The Solutions Project Executive Director Sarah Shanley Hope. “They are accelerating the growth of homegrown, efficient, renewable energy, and making New York a better place to live.”
The Catskill Brewery is recognized for its world class green building practices and is one of the few breweries in the country to be considered for the LEED Platinum award. The brewery is heated and cooled by geothermal energy and powered by solar energy. It features a green roof; permeable driveway pavers; an electric-car charging station; efficient energy and water technologies, and recycles some spent ingredients as animal feed for local farms.
Admission is free for those who RSVP online. Half of the proceeds from food and beverage sales will go to the 100% Leadership Fund, which supports local organizations working on clean energy access, adoption and affordability.