Opportunity Knocks for Solar Energy Jobs in India

Solar energy jobs in India on the rise
Solar energy jobs in India on the rise

Solar Energy Jobs in India – ( Solar Thermal Magazine)
India is one of the countries that has manifested a vast power potential being one of the countries with the highest power radiation. By 2013, the country was the largest producer of electricity with the government becoming more aggressive about its solar power policy. Having said that, there has never been a better time to explore the available job opportunities in the solar energy sector in India.
The Solar Energy Landscape in India

Despite India’s major steps forward in providing energy to its citizens, 800 million Indians still use traditional fuels in their cooking and heating solutions. By implication, there are still ample opportunities when it comes to the provision of energy products and services in India. For example, Bangalore continues to show high demand for roof top solar heaters. Similarly, solar PV water pumps are used to support sustainable agriculture through irrigation. The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy provides a subsidy of 30 to 40 % subsidy for some types of solar products such as lanterns.

There are various researchers and agencies which have made projections on the future electricity needs in India. For example, the International Atomic Energy Agency says that India will have a higher electricity demand thanks to the country’s fast growing GDP. The country targets to obtain approximately 8,000 billion kWh per year by the year 2052.

Solar Energy Job Opportunities in India

One of the most pronounced solar energy position is that of a solar technician.Solar technicians execute the following duties: installing solar panels on roofs, assembling and maintaining solar panels on grids, and application of weather sealing to the power system. The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, India, periodically offers positions in junior and senior technical solar trainees. Their role includes investigation of solar energy projects, preparation of project reports, and carrying out research related to solar energy.

Other positions available in the solar energy sector includes the following: solar engineer prototype designer, IT designer, Tele marketer, marketing manager, sales manager and officers, accountant, energy intelligence analyst, research fellow, and business development manager.

There are a number of established solar energy companies in India. Welspun Energy is based in New Delhi and is the biggest developer of solar energy solutions in India. ReNew power is a reliable provider of services in solar energy, wind power, and solar rooftop power. Others include Moser Baer Solar Limited and Su-Kam Power Systems.

Required Credentials

Like in most of other fields, solar energy jobs in India are not immune to competition. It is not uncommon to find Indian and foreign companies in India requiring a Bachelor of Technology or Bachelor of Engineering. Other relevant qualifications include advanced postgraduate diploma and a diploma in renewable energy with a bias in solar energy.

In more senior positions, having a graduate degree is an added advantage.

Other ways of acquiring the necessary qualification in solar energy jobs including enrolling for the relevant online courses, on the job training that can last from as short as one month to as long as one year, training provided by systems manufacturers as part of their marketing strategy, and taking an apprenticeships in any field related to electricity.

Conclusion

Securing a solar energy job is not just any other opportunity to earn a living. Rather, it is one of the most satisfying jobs that one can have. This is because one is contributing to sustainable development of a country. By extension, one feels proud to be part of the global efforts in going green and promoting environmental preservation.

There are many solar energy job opportunities that can be exploited in India. However, it is paramount that one tailored the courses based on the general topic of renewable energy and consequently develop a niche in solar energy. Monitoring the emerging trends manifests the willingness to join the solar energy sector. Most importantly, the willingness and ability to take lower ranked positions such as internships will give one the much needed entry point, skills, and experience to take higher positions available in the solar energy sector in India.

About Gordon Smith
Gordon's expertise in the area of industrial energy efficiency and alternative energy. He is an experienced electrical engineer with a Masters degree in Alternative Energy technology. He is the co-founder of several renewable energy media sites including Solar Thermal Magazine.

51 Comments

• rajiv gulia says:

I want my own power system for my own house

• santosh hiremath says:

Dear sir,

I have completed my B.E in electrical and electronics, Now
    Now I am interested to work in solar energy production company.

Regards
    Santosh
    9916252720.

• Pardeep Pannu says:

Visit MNRE site regularly and try to grab some knowledge about solar system . And than try to get internship first. That will be best to start career making in solar – a vast field with lot of opportunities. Thanks

• santosh hiremath says:

Looking for the good opportunity in solar sector.

• naveen gada says:

Dear sir,

My self naveen and I have done BE in EEE and I have exp of three years in Co Gen project. Now I am very much interest in renewable energy sector so if u give an opportunity to prove my self in solar sector.
    Regards &Thanks
    Naveen gada

• Dev Singh says:

Hello Sir/Madam,
    I am Devsingh, I completed my B-tech In Electronics and Communication Engineering 2014,
    and Presently I am Working at SOLON as Electrical Engineer (O&M Dept) since 11 Months.
    Presently I am searching for the Job Change i.e, to in Solar Field. Please show me the opportunities in Solar Company’s I am Ready to relocate any where International wide.

Regards
    Devsingh
    9676584243

• Devsingh says:

Please tell me the way how to get the job in Solar field.

• Amol says:

Hi
    This is Amol from Pune,
    just now working in Transport industry looking to changed the industry, if have any opportunity to work in this industry please confirm.
    Contact me on 9822114441, I will give you further details of mine.

Thanks & Regards.

• Lalith says:

Hello sir,
    I completed my graduate in Aeronautical engineering, is there any opportunities for aero engineers.

• Ravi Shankar Mishra says:

I have completed my btech(EEE) 2015
    Presently working in micromax
    But now I would like to work in solar power.

• Mohamed Khalander Hayath says:

Dear sir,

I am a MBA graduate, I have 9 yrs. Experience in marketing field. I want to join in solar energy… If any opportunity. Call me on 8008186711..

• Mazar sn says:

Job offer
    Palace hubli – darawad
    Contact
    779535215

• zeeshan says:

Hello mam
    I am zeeshan..i have B.tech in electical with 5 years of experience..i have worked in power projects..distibution projects.construction of substation..and many other related works.
    but now i want to switch my profile into solar sector..so if it is possible.then please consider me
    .and send details at my email id..

• Mahmoud Gadallah says:

i am electronic engineer, have experience with solar cell project.

• Mahmoud Gadallah says:

i am electronic engineer have an experience with solar project in Egypt.

• Mahmoud Gadallah says:

Success

• Krishna Kumar says:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Krishna Kumar from Chennai with M.E. (Power Electronics & Drives) degree , i got solar PV design & installation training from NSIC – Chennai.

Still now am doing my own business, now searching job in Solar field if you any job please contact me.

Thanks&Regards
    Krishna Kumar
    09940798943

• ananth says:

Dear sir,
    As,iam completed be engineering 2014.I have experience one year steel plant engineer.I need a job for solar field.
    Contact-9942202913

• ananth says:

Dear sir,
    Contact-9942202913

• sarang p says:

Electrical engineer with 3 years of experience in transformer testing now a days working in solar operation and maintenance from last 9 months. I would like to switch to some good location. Do consider my profile mam.

• Parveen kumar says:

Sir
    I have completed Iti in electrician trad and deploma in electrical sir I have also one year experience in Maruti Suzuki India ltd in mantanance department. So if u have any opportunity for me plz contact me .
    Parveen kumar
    9582950264
    9729830211

• Nawab singh Rathi says:

I am working in Sugar industry last 22year on various post inst and electrical presently working chief Engineer
    but I am interested in solar power job and Self work pl advice me thanks mob 8909628321

• prabhu says:

sir i completed course in pv installation and ihave 1 yr work experiene in rooftop,gurder structue,nearly 1.2 mw completed projects please refer me mnc .
    i want job in mnc
    i hope reply soon
    with regards
    prabhu t

mobile no ;9677379663
    email;prabhuast1989@gmail.com

• GopiKiran says:

Hello sir,
    i am doing B.tech (mechanical), interested in solar field.if any opportunity for project work and job plz contact :8374270178 (Gopikiran)

• shaik qaidaar says:

I am working in premier solar system pvt ltd as an engineer i want job
    Contact no 8801118594

• Shyamprasad Bedarkar says:

Are there any Business Development / Marketing opportunities for Non-technical persons with prior marketing background?

• Savan says:

Pursuing B.Tech.,want to know more about this.

• Anonymous says:

Hi sir,
    I completed b.tech in EEE
    I interested in solar field
    any opportunity for project work. Pls contact me 9553186818(gurumurthy)

• amit kumar says:

respected sir
    i hav comleted btech in EEE stream.i am interested in renewable energy,specially in solar power.so plz sir see me a right way for training and job in a company.
    thanking you

• satish says:

I’m final year student of mechanical engineering intrsted in solar power energy field job
    Contact 9503848258

• Sayan Mudi says:

I am a B.Tech in Computer Science.Have 2 years experience in Software Industry
    I want to pursue my career in Power Sector

• Manoj Kumar says:

Hello I’m complete diploma in electrical engineering 9812664926

• GOVARDHAN says:

IAM SR.ELECTRICIAN IN SOLAR 10 MW PLANT FROM LAST TWO YEARS AND 15 YEARS IN HYDRO POWER PLANT AT KARNATAKA ANY SUITABLE POST FOR MY EXPIRIENCE

• Nadeem ahmad says:

Hii mam
    I am nadeem ahmad. l passed my b tech from electronics & communication. I am 2 years experience in manufacturing field.
    And I want to interested in soler energy.
    How I can join the good solar cmpny

• Gopinath says:

Hi sir;
    I am p.gopinath and I am pursuing my b.tech now in 4year.i am passion about the solar technology and I would like to join in your company.
    Thanking you.

• Gopinath says:

Hi sir;
    I am p.gopinath and I am pursuing my b.tech now in 4th year electronic communication engineering.I am passion about the solar technology and I would like to join in your company.
    Thanking you.

• gopal says:

i am p.gopal reddy.i did diploma in ece.i did solar pv technician course from National institute of solar energy.if u have any vacancy then inform me.my contact no 8297802558.

• badal utrelia says:

Dear sir,
    I m badal utrelia.I have six years of experience in solar pv.

Best Regards
    Badal utrelia
    Mob. no.-9672638251

• Somnath Chaurasiya says:

Sir
    I completed my b.tech electronics and communication engineering I am interested for this job plese provide me details.

• Mohammad Asgar says:

Sir I have completed my B.Tech in Mechanical and I want to make better world and for that we should improve this solar technology. So please give me chance to improve this technology. Thanks. Contact -9934235976

• Akash Joshi says:

i have completed B.E. Electrical. Right doing job solar energy company what if I would like change the job

• FARIJ AHAMMAD C P says:

Dear sir,
    I have completed B- Tech in Mechanical engineering. I am interested about clean energy sources. Also my project and paper presentation based on Solar energy. I like to join with you.

Your’s faithfully

• Manish Yadav says:

Hello sir,
    I am Manish Yadav from Jaipur ,Rajasthan.
    I have completed B.Tech in EE in 2014 & I want to do job in solar energy production.

• Jitendra says:

Dear sir,
    I have completed my DIPLOMA in electrical Engineering, and presently I’m working switchgear operations in thermal power plant, but
    I am interested to work in solar energy production company..

• jayaprakash says:

Dear sir, i am studying M.Tech (solar power system) engineering, i want job in solar based how to apply in goverment solar based filed. This my number : 9566580811, my mail id: ramjprakash03@gmail.Com

• sumit sabanis says:

Hello,
    I am Sumit Sabanis.I have completed B.E(Mechanical) in 2014.I am having 2 years experience.I am interested to do job in solar energy.

Thank you.

• Aliv Adak says:

Hello sir I am Aliv Adak .l have complete diploma in ECE .I want to do solar energy job my email is adakaliv1994@gmail.com & phone number 9831936700

Comments are closed.