Emergency Backup Batteries – ( Solar Thermal Magazine)
As part of eneloop’s 10th anniversary celebration, Panasonic Energy Corporation of America will run a series of promotions and events in 2015. The Panasonic eneloop batteries maintain 70% of their power for up to 10 years, when unused and stored properly.
Launched in 2005, eneloop batteries are praised by those who need long-life batteries, such as outdoor enthusiasts, digital device aficionados, and homeowners assembling storm preparation kits.
Yoji Takagi, Sales and Marketing Director, Consumer Products Division, Panasonic Energy Corporation of America, had this to say:
Our eneloop batteries have delivered industry leading technology for ten years. eneloop batteries, used to power all types of household devices, can be stored with even greater confidence, delivering up to 70% power, even after 10 years, when unused and stored properly.
Key Benefits of eneloop Rechargeable Batteries:
- Maintain 70% of charge for up to 10 years*1.
- Can be recharged (used over and over) up to 2100 times*2. (Improvements to the conductive surface of the active, or positive, electrode material produce greater conductivity and durability.)
- Pre-charged at the factory using solar power and are ready to use*3.
- Can be used in temperatures down to minus 4 degrees Fahrenheit*4, and provide up to 2000mAh (AA) and 800mAh (AAA) of power*5.
- Power everyday electronic devices including flashlights, toys, gaming devices, remote controls, wireless keyboards and outdoor cameras. eneloop batteries also work well in DSLR-type camera flash units which generally require large amounts of power in short bursts.
Battery sizes offered by Panasonic.
Panasonic offers eneloop and eneloop Pro in both AA and AAA battery sizes. For C and D size applications, Panasonic sells C and D size adapters, which allow AA batteries to be transformed into providing power to devices using C and D sized batteries*6. An advanced four-position battery charging unit that charges each battery individually, (saving charge time when batteries only need “topping off”) is also available. For even higher power requirements. Panasonic also offers eneloop Pro, which delivers up to 2550mAh (AA) and 950mAh (AAA) of power*5.
To date eneloop shipments total over 330 million units globally.
ST Staff Writers
This post was prepared by Solar Thermal Magazine staff.