Power Clouds Inc. today summarized the accomplishments of its solar businesses since its inception just two years ago, following the change of the Company’s name from World Assurance Group Inc. (WDAS) to Power Clouds Inc. (PWCL).
Company CEO & President Roberto Forlani discussed the Company’s founding principle and also some recent accomplishments as below:
- We founded Power Clouds in March 2013 with a revolutionary vision of building solar energy stations on a large scale that individuals from all walks of life can participate in.
- Our concept is simple. Just like businesses and people all over the world now share data and apps in the ‘Cloud,’ stored in large data centers. Our participants can now generate green power in the ‘Power Cloud,’ at large solar plants across the globe, rather than having the hassle and high cost of placing individual solar stations on their own roof.
- Participants purchase their own solar panel. Each panel purchased is then installed at solar farms built and operated by us.
- Each Power Cloud has an average power capacity of 1.2 MW, capable of producing clean electricity, in optimal conditions, with an output up to 1,700 MWh, equivalent to the consumption of a town of about 1,500 inhabitants.
- Our first Power Cloud was completed in December 2013, less than a year after the Company was founded.
- We now have over 60,000 participants since March 2013.
- There are currently 25,000 panels in production across five Power Clouds in Romania, that in total have an average power capacity of 6.1 MW, capable of generating approximately 10,200 MWh of electricity annually.
- The green energy from these Power Clouds, approved by the Romanian Energy Authority is sold in to the local electricity grid and continues to generate recurring revenues for Power Clouds.
- A further 13 Power Clouds are scheduled for construction in Japan and these are expected to come into production during 2015 and 2016.
Mr. Forlani concluded,
We are very proud of what we have achieved in such a relatively short period of time and that we can show that our concept works so well in reality. We thank all of our participants for their commitment so far and we look forward to many more successes in the future.
I invite everyone to learn more about our active Clouds and the plans for our future Clouds, at http://www.powerclouds.com/index.php/projects/ .
ST Staff Writers
This post was prepared by Solar Thermal Magazine staff.