Gamesa has reported the financial results for 2014 year end. The company ended 2014 with net profit of €92 million, i.e. double the 2013 figure (€45 million). This improvement reflects the company’s profitable growth, driven by the increase in revenues (+22%) and profitability (EBIT margin1 of 6.7%).
These results enabled the company to exceed 2014 guidance, improve the outlook for 2015, and resume the dividend 2 (€0.0825 per share).
- Growing revenues: a 22% increase, to €2,846 million, driven by Latin America, India and China, and by O&M services.
- Profitability on the rise: the EBIT margin(1) was 6.7%, outstripping the target for the year. At constant exchange rates, the margin was 7.2%.
- Reinforcing the balance sheet: strong cash flow, together with the capital increase, provided a net cash position of €143 million.
- These results, together with the favourable business outlook, allow Gamesa to upgrade its 2015 outlook and forecast growth for the coming years.
- Gamesa resumes dividend payments (€0.0825 per share).
To view the original results from Gamesa click here
Gordon's expertise in the area of industrial energy efficiency and alternative energy. He is an experienced electrical engineer with a Masters degree in Alternative Energy technology. He is the co-founder of several renewable energy media sites including Solar Thermal Magazine.