PSEG Solar Source today announced that completion of the PSEG Essex Solar Energy Center. The facility is located roughly four miles northeast of Burlington, Vermont, and has a capacity of 3.6 MW-dc. The solar farm was developed and constructed by juwi solar Inc. (JSI). It has a 25-year power purchase agreement with Vermont Electric Power Producers, Inc. (VEPP), as part of the Vermont Sustainably Priced Energy Enterprise Development (SPEED) program.
The Essex facility is PSEG Solar Source’s ninth installation in seven states including Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, New Jerseyand Ohio. A tenth project is under construction in Texas; when it is completed PSEG Solar Source’s portfolio will be 110 MW-dc.
“PSEG is pleased to announce this latest addition to our utility scale solar fleet and are working diligently to continue to grow the business with great partners like JSI,” said Diana Drysdale, president of PSEG Solar Source.
JSI was the project’s engineering, procurement and construction contractor. It will operate the facility for PSEG Solar Source. The facility will feature approximately 12,000 solar photovoltaic panels on a fixed-tilt racking system.
“JSI is excited to have completed its first solar project in the state of Vermont,” said Michael Martin, president of JSI. “The project has been designed and built to accompany the surrounding agricultural landscape and will provide clean energy for Vermont for years to come.”
PSEG Solar Source’s other operating facilities are:
- Mars Solar Garden, a 2.2-MW facility located adjacent to the Mars Snackfood’s U.S. headquarters in Hackettstown, New Jersey.
- PSEG Shasta Solar Farm, two adjacent solar facilities totaling 4.4 MW located in Shasta County, California.
- PSEG Wyandot Solar Farm, a 12-MW solar farm in Wyandot County, Ohio.
- PSEG Jacksonville Solar Farm, a 15-MW solar facility in Jacksonville, Florida.
- PSEG Milford Solar Farm, a 15-MW solar farm in Milford, Delaware.
- PSEG Badger 1 Solar Farm, a 19.3-MW solar facility located west of Phoenix, Arizona.
- PSEG Queen Creek Solar Farm, a 25-MW solar farm in Queen Creek, Arizona.
The 13-MW El Paso Solar Energy Center, adjacent to the El Paso Electric Newman Generating Station, is under construction in Texas.
ST Staff Writers
This post was prepared by Solar Thermal Magazine staff.