Reliant customers can take the power of the sun with them anywhere with a first-of-its-kind offer in Texas. After residents sign up for one of two select Reliant electricity plans, they can choose to receive one of three Goal Zero® solar-powered, portable devices at no additional cost. Recently acquired by Reliant’s parent, NRG Energy, Inc., Goal Zero LLC has been recognized for strong research and development in sustainable energy innovation, offering a suite of portable solar power and battery pack products and accessories.
Texans can choose from two electricity plans available exclusively on Reliant.com that best align with their needs:
- Reliant Secure Advantage® 12 plan offers the security of a fixed-price plan that makes it easy to manage a budget.
- Reliant Secure Advantage® 12 100% Wind plan offers the same security of the fixed-price plan while buying 100% of the power from a clean and renewable energy source.
Once a plan is selected, customers can choose from these three Goal Zero solar-powered products that will be mailed to their homes within 30 days of their electricity service start date:
- Goal Zero Switch® 8 & Nomad® 7 Kit: The kit includes an ultra-lightweight, foldable, and portable Nomad 7 Solar Panel as well as a Switch 8 cell phone charger battery pack. The Nomad 7 can charge a cell phone directly or can charge the Switch 8 battery pack from the sun.
- Rock Out® 2 Solar Rechargeable Speaker: These Bluetooth-enabled speakers let users take the party wherever they go. Play tunes from a phone or laptop and recharge via the USB port or the sun.
- Torch 250 Flashlight: This solar-powered or hand-crank-powered flashlight, lantern, and emergency light provides up to 48 hours of light and can even charge a cell phone or tablet.
“As we enter this era of personal power, we want to help our customers live a mobile lifestyle, free from electrical outlets. One way we are giving our customers access to power both at home and on the go is through Goal Zero’s collection of sustainable, solar-powered devices,” said Elizabeth Killinger, President of NRG Retail and Reliant. “These innovative power products give customers peace of mind because they will be able to charge critical hand-held mobile devices anywhere – and that’s what we want to do – to give customers the power to be free.”
Texans can enroll in a Reliant electricity plan and receive a Goal Zero product with that plan today at reliant.com.
About Reliant, an NRG company
Reliant provides electricity, smart energy solutions, and energy services to business and residential customers across Texas. Reliant is part of NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NRG), a Fortune 250 company that is at the forefront of changing how people think about, buy and use energy. Backed by a diverse portfolio of about 100 power generating facilities that can support over 46 million homes nationwide, NRG’s retail businesses, including Reliant, collectively comprise Texas’ largest retail energy provider and serve almost 3 million customers in 10 states and the District of Columbia.