Enphase Energy Inc.
“This collection of SANYO patents complements our homegrown technology and strengthens our position with respect to the AC module market”
- US 5,951,785 (Photo-voltaic apparatus)
- JP 3,357,808
- IN 209,276
- DE 0,793,278
- US 5,886,890 (Power-supply system involving system interconnection)
- JP 3,630,854
- IN 189,774
- CN 97,111,831.0
- NL 817,350
- IT 817,350
- DE 817,350
“We are pleased to announce the acquisition of these new patents as part of our global IP strategy for Enphase,” said Martin Fornage, co-founder and CTO at Enphase Energy. “This collection of SANYO patents complements our homegrown technology and strengthens our position with respect to the AC module market,” Fornage added. “Specifically, patent number 5,951,785 helps avoid potential thermal interaction between the inverter and the PV module, improving the reliability of both elements as well as increasing the energy harvested by the AC module. Our extensive patent portfolio covers critical aspects of microinverter and AC module design, manufacturing and deployment. The portfolio is a testimony to our technological innovation and protects our competitive edge in a rapidly evolving solar market.”
The balance of Enphase patents covers many aspects of solar systems such as:
- Power Conversion: 8,537,572, 8,717,780, 7,796,412, 7,916,505
- Maximum Power Point Tracking: 7,986,122, 7,986,539, 7,768,155, 8,035,257, 8,319,378, 8,492,932
- Inverter Supervision: 7,923,983, 8,299,776
- Power Line Communication: 8,107,516, 8,411,790, 8,659,922
- Inverter Packaging: 8,360,390, D673, 114
- PV Module Attachment: 8,435,056
- Wiring System: 8,222,767, 7,855,473, 8,207,637, 8,227,942, 8,257,106, D708,143, D707,632
- Gateway: 8,581,441
- Information Display: 8,553,035, 8,099,197
With over 70 patents granted worldwide and 125 active patent families, Enphase is committed to developing the most innovative solar energy systems in the world and protecting the intellectual property embodied in those systems.
About Enphase Energy, Inc.
Enphase Energy delivers microinverter technology for the solar industry that increases energy production, simplifies design and installation, improves system uptime and reliability, reduces fire safety risk and provides a platform for intelligent energy management. Our semiconductor-based microinverter system converts energy at the individual solar module level and brings a systems-based, high technology approach to solar energy generation.