Trina Solar Announces Acquisition of 90 % Stake in Yunnan Metallurgical New Energy

Trina Solar Yunnan Metallurgical

Limited (NYSE: TSL) ,  today announced it has entered into a share purchase agreement and acquired a 90% stake in Yunnan Metallurgical New Energy Co., Ltd  from Yunnan Metallurgical Group Co., Ltd., Kunming Yeyan New Material Co., Ltd., and Kunming Engineering & Research Institute of Nonferrous Metallurgy Co., Ltd. .  The remaining 10% will be collectively held by the three Parties. Trina Solar obtained the stake by participating in a bidding process conducted through the Yunnan Public Resource Trading Center’s online bidding platform after Yunnan Metallurgical New Energy posted an invitation to bid for the majority stake via the Yunnan Equity Exchange.

Yunnan Metallurgical New Energy is committed to developing downstream solar power projects and currently has a 300 MW project under development in southern Yunnan province. Upon operation, it will become the largest single utility scale solar power plant inYunnan and one of the largest in China. Construction of the 300 MW project is expected to begin in the third quarter of 2014. By combining the resources of strategic partners, Yunnan Metallurgical New Energy will also actively seek new project opportunities to expand its downstream pipeline.

“We are delighted to partner with Yunnan Metallurgical Group and its two subsidiaries to develop solar power projects,” said Jifan Gao, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Trina Solar. “We are committed to supporting the adoption of solar energy and environmental protection in the Yunnan region through our combined strengths. Thanks to our quality manufacturing capabilities and track record in project development coupled with our partners’ market position and access to project resources in the region, we look forward to working together to capitalize on new project opportunities to the benefit of all parties. Developing strategic partnerships with select partners demonstrates our flexibility in exploring downstream opportunities in China and will strengthen our leading position in the downstream market.”

About Trina Solar Limited

Trina Solar Limited (NYSE: TSL) is a global leader in photovoltaic modules, solutions and services. Founded in 1997 as a PV system integrator, Trina Solar today drives smart energy together with installers, distributors, utilities and developers worldwide. The company’s industry-shaping position is based on innovation excellence, superior product quality, vertically integrated capabilities and environmental stewardship.

Press Release About Press Release

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.