Should you? How much will it cost? How much will it save? What doe the future hold for the power grid in the country where you live and does this make solar power more or less viable? Are new solar panels worth it?
Adding solar panels to your home can offset your energy bills, or take them to zero! The good news is that solar panels are becoming cheaper every year and right now the in many locations, solar panels produce electricity as cheaply as coal or natural gas.
New solar panels can be installed on your roof or if you have some land, the ground. Actually ground based solar panels are the most cost effective, easy to install and easy to maintain.
In this video about New Solar Panels for your house you will learn:
- What is grid? – On grid versus offgrid.
- What is the best type of solar panel to install?
- Do I need a battery storage system and what type of battery technology should I use?
- What is an inverter and a look at the different types that are for sale.
- How much solar do I need? Sizing the array.
- Measuring your energy consumption with energy meters.
- How to make your home more efficient with such things as CFL, LED lighting, solar geyser,heat pumps and more.
- Is solar power financially viable for you?
- How long would it take you to pay it off?
Enjoy the video:
ST Staff Writers
This post was prepared by Solar Thermal Magazine staff.