Powering your house with solar ( Solar Thermal Magazine.com)
Should you? How much will it cost? How much will it save? What doe the future hold for the power grid in the country where you live and does this make solar power more or less viable?
In this video on how to Solar Power your house you will learn:
- What is grid? – On grid versus offgrid.
- What is the best type of solar panel to install?
- Do I need a battery storage system and what type of battery technology should I use?
- What is an inverter and a look at the different types that are for sale.
- How much solar do I need? Sizing the array.
- Measuring your energy consumption with energy meters.
- How to make your home more efficient with such things as CFL, LED lighting, solar geyser,heat pumps and more.
- Is solar power financially viable for you?
- How long would it take you to pay it off?
Enjoy the video:
ST Staff Writers
This post was prepared by Solar Thermal Magazine staff.