Organic Solar Cells ( Solar Thermal Magazine.com )
Learn about a new generation of solar cells, organic solar cells, that promise an answer to the energy demands of the future.
About the Course
The goal of the course is to give students awareness of the largest alternative form of energy and how organic / polymer solar cells can harvest this energy. The course provides an insight into the theory behind organic solar cells and describes the three main research areas within the field i.e. materials, stability and processing.
- Week 1: Introduction to solar energy and the three generations of solar cells combined with an introduction to life cycle analysis for solar cells.
- Week 2: Working principles of organic photovoltaics, how to measure and characterize organic solar cells and finally the application of organic solar cells.
- Week 3: Materials for organic solar cells with focus on the active layer including common polymer materials, fullerenes, and low bandgap polymers.
- Week 4: Stability and lifetime of organic and polymer solar cells.
- Week 5: Production of organic solar cells with focus on roll to roll processes, coating, printing, and up-scaling.
- Week 6: The future of organic solar cells and final exam.
Here is the link to their video.
ST Staff Writers
This post was prepared by Solar Thermal Magazine staff.