Solar PV Monitoring ( Solar Thermal Magazine ) – Integrated chip allows monitoring and metering in one easy-to-install device.
The built-in Solar-Log® chip monitors and logs incoming data from the solar array with revenue-grade precision required to collect state and utility incentives, including performance-based incentives (PBIs) and solar renewable energy certificates (SRECs).
“Fitting our technology into the popular GE meter provides our customers with the best of both worlds: Solar PV monitoring and electric power metering in a single and easy-to-install device,” says Anton Kaeslin, president of Solar Data Systems.
The Solar-Log® & GE Meter guarantees maximized PV plant performance and provides revenue-grade power reporting.
The built-in Solar-Log® can transmit data via 3G cellular modem or Ethernet. A Solar-Log® & GE Meter bus allows up to 16 more meters to be connected to the monitoring system. Data logging and meter functions can be configured remotely. The Solar-Log® Dashboard neatly and clearly presents plant performance data graphically and numerically. Apps for iPhone and Android devices enable plant monitoring on the go. The Solar-Log® & GE Meter works with microinverters and string inverters of all major brands.
Solar Data Systems will introduce the new Solar-Log® & GE Meter at Intersolar North America (booth #8233), July 8-10 in San Francisco. The integrated meter will ship to installers and distributors beginning in the fourth quarter.
Solar-Log® & GE Meter Overview:
- Revenue-grade metering and direct inverter monitoring with over 80 manufacturers in a single device
- Attractive Solar-Log® Dashboard for presenting plant performance via local or public display
- Plant performance visualization via iPhone (iOS) and Android apps
- Convenient online plant performance and power meter monitoring via Solar-Log® WEB
- Online remote configuration of data logging and meter functions
- Meteorological satellite data-based performance monitoring
- Integrated Internet access through cellular or local area network (LAN)
- Works with microinverters and string inverters
- Certified Revenue Grade Metering (RGM) incentive reporting
About Solar Data Systems, Inc.
Solar Data Systems, Inc. is the maker of Solar-Log®, a web-enabled monitoring system for photovoltaic plants. Based in Bethel, Connecticut, Solar Data Systems helps plant owners increase visibility of PV production and conditions of PV systems. The Solar-Log®product family enables plant owners, installers and renewable finance companies to maximize PV performance by effectively restoring plant performance to normal operations. Key functions of the Solar-Log® include real-time detection of problems followed by immediate alerts, automatic and comprehensive failure information and revenue-grade metering for incentive reporting. Solar-Log® currently monitors an ever-growing number of 225,000 plants globally, amounting to over 6.7 GW of power output. Solar Data Systems is a division of Solare Datensysteme GmbH, which is headquartered in Binsdorf, Germany.