SkyTrakker provides the local electronics that control and direct a trough’s movement by determining the optimal position for the collector based on calculating the sun’s position. The SkyTrakker represents a step-change in features, reliability and life-cycle costs of control units for parabolic trough power plants.
SkyTrakker is a critical component of SkyFuel’s product design and it is also available to the Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) industry for use in parabolic trough projects. SkyFuel,
INNOVATIVE SKYTRAKKER SYSTEM FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Advanced Health Monitoring – Capability to monitor and diagnose the solar collector performance and drive system operation
- Green Power Consumption – Reduced parasitic losses; half the power usage of prior generation control systems
- Variable Frequency Drive Motor – Controls the startup of the hydraulic pump motor, limits inrush current, delivers the most precise sun tracking and reduces electricity consumption.
- Flexible Communications – Network wired (RS-485) and/or wireless (2.4GHz RF) and Local PC control (USB).
- Flexible Electrical Power Inputs – Accepts from 110VAC to 220VAC single or three-phase.
- Easy Installation – The entire system is comprised of only two major elements for quick mounting and connection.
The combination of these features provides a trouble-free parabolic trough tracking system resulting in reduced operating costs and greater power production.