- What will be the future of the “Age of Unconventionals,” in North America and around the world?
- Where will the next supply hotspots be? Will natural gas win in the battle for market share in transportation, electric power, and other markets?
- What innovation models are emerging, and how might they change the game?
- How will changing patterns of global supply and demand affect geopolitics-and vice versa?
- What role will renewables play in an age of fiscal austerity?
- And in a hyperconnected world, how can the industry manage growing environmental expectations, engage stakeholders, and build the trust needed to secure a long-term social license to operate?
Policymakers are responding as shifts in energy prices and availability create a crucible for national and regional economic competitiveness. Countries and companies around the world are recalibrating their strategies in the face of considerable uncertainty.
At CERAWeek, participants will explore emerging challenges and risks for producers and consumers. Together, we will look at how markets, geopolitics, regulations, and technologies are responding-and take on the strategic challenges of meeting the world’s growing energy needs.
Gordon's expertise in the area of industrial energy efficiency and alternative energy. He is an experienced electrical engineer with a Masters degree in Alternative Energy technology. He is the co-founder of several renewable energy media sites including Solar Thermal Magazine.