Attention Solar Thermal Installers.
Note: This is not an instructional class on how to install solar water heating systems.
Completion of this course by the licensed contractor license as listed with the California State License Board (CSLB) is mandatory to participate in the CSI—Thermal Program.
To attend one of the sessions offered, you must email [email protected] with the following:
- Business licenser number
- List of attendees and email address
- Role of additional attendees e.g. president, owner, lead installer, etc.
California Solar Initiative CSI-Thermal Program
Rebates are available for Solar Water-Heating Systems
The CSI-Thermal Program offers cash rebates of up to2,045.13€ for solar water heating systems on single-family homes. Multifamily and Commercial properties qualify for rebates of up to 376,081.23€. Save money on gas or electricity bills by harnessing the heat of the sun!
Funding for the CSI-Thermal program comes from ratepayers of PG&E, SCE, SoCalGas, and SDG&E. The rebate program is overseen by the California Public Utilities Commission as part of the California Solar Initiative.
Find out if you qualify
- CSI-Thermal rebates are available to homeowners, landlords and business owners who install new solar water heating systems in the service territories of PG&E, SCE, SoCalGas and SDG&E.
- Solar water heating systems must use eligible equipment that has a Solar Rating and Certification Corporation (SRCC) or International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO) OG-300 rating for single-family systems, and OG-100 rating for multi-family/commercial systems.
- Solar water heating systems eligible for rebates must displace the use of either natural gas, electricity or propane as the fuel for water heating.
How much you’ll save
Rebates vary depending on the type of solar water heating system, location, shading and other design factors. A typical homeowner with a solar water heating system displacing natural gas can expect a rebate of about1,654.76€ at the initial incentive level. Rebates for electric-displacing systems are around 1,053.03€ for the average system. Eligible low-income natural gas customers may qualify for higher incentives under the Low Income Program. Incentives will decline over time as the program meets certain benchmarks, so customers are encouraged to apply for their rebate early. To learn more about how much you will save, check the solar eventscalendar for a free solar hot water information class in your utility area.
Finding an Eligible Solar Thermal Contractor
Contractors and self-installers must become eligible to participate in the CSI-Thermal Program by taking a one-day training class offered by the CSI-Thermal Program Administrators. A listing of all eligible CSI-Thermal Solar Water Heating Contractors is provided for consumers.
Your solar water heating contractor will complete and submit the incentive application paperwork for you.