Additional Speakers include Maria LaRosa of The Weather Channel, Chair of Federal Energy Regulatory Commission Jon Wellinghoff, Dr. Arati Prabhakar of Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)and Apple’s Vice President for Environmental Initiatives Lisa Jackson
Las Vegas — “National Clean Energy Summit 6.0: Energizing Tomorrow” is pleased to announce additional speakers at the annual summit at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas on August 13. The new participants will join Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and keynote speakers Secretary of the Interior Sally Jewell and Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz to lead the nation’s foremost clean energy conversation.
On-camera meteorologist for The Weather Channel Maria LaRosa will participate in the “Resilience to Extreme Weather” panel to discuss how communities can increase their resiliency to extreme weather events including drought, storms and floods. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission Chair Jon Wellinghoff will join Secretary Moniz to provide a big picture overview of our evolving energy system.
Apple’s Vice President for Environmental Initiatives and former Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Lisa Jackson, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) Director Dr. Arati Prabhakar and American Wind Energy Association CEO Tom Kiernan will take part in the panel “From Innovation to Deployment” that will highlight the most effective business approaches to transform innovative clean energy ideas into commercially available technologies.
Director and Chief Executive of National Renewable Energy Laboratory Dr. Dan Arvizu and Executive Director of Western Interstate Energy Board Doug Larson will join the panel “21st Century Energy Market” that will focus on improvements in regional collaboration in electricity markets to facilitate clean energy deployment, reduce electricity and improve grid reliability.
Debra Reed of Sempra Energy will provide the introduction for the panel “Clean Energy Solutions in States” that will address how states can help improve the business environment for investing in renewable energy, clean fuels and the clean energy infrastructure.
The annual conference is hosted by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), Center for American Progress, Clean Energy Project, MGM Resorts International and the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Clean energy visionaries, business leaders, students and a bipartisan panel of politicians will convene this year to discuss the importance of making clean energy choices that will have a positive impact on our future. Insight from these experts will provide the tools to enlighten and empower the public to promote clean energy, strengthen our energy independence and create jobs.
WHO: “National Clean Energy Summit 6.0: Energizing Tomorrow” confirmed speakers include:
• Senator Harry Reid (D-NV), Senate Majority Leader
• John Podesta, Chair, Center for American Progress
• Secretary Ernest Moniz, Secretary of Energy
• Secretary Sally Jewell, Secretary of the Interior
• Senator Byron Dorgan, Former Senator, North Dakota and Senior Fellow at the Bipartisan Policy Center
• Senator Trent Lott, Former Senator, Mississippi and Senior Fellow at the Bipartisan Policy Center
• Senator Timothy Wirth, Former Senator, Colorado and Vice Chair of the United Nations Foundation and the Better World Fund
• Governor Martin O’Malley, Governor, Maryland
• Governor Jennifer Granholm, Former Governor, Michigan
• Jon Wellinghoff, Chair, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)
• Rose McKinney-James, Chair, Clean Energy Project
• Dr. Kathryn Sullivan, Acting Under Secretary of Commerce, Oceans and Atmosphere and Acting Administrator, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
• Dr. Arati Prabhakar, Director, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
• Dr. Dan Arvizu, Director and Chief Executive, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
• Patricia Mulroy, General Manager, Southern Nevada Water Authority
• Lisa Jackson, Vice President for Environmental Initiatives, Apple and former Administrator, Environmental Protection Agency
• Michael Peevey, President, California Public Utilities Commission
• Maria LaRosa, Meteorologist, The Weather Channel
• Greg Abel, Chairman, President and CEO, MidAmerican Energy Holdings Company
• Michael Yackira, President and CEO, NV Energy
• Debra Reed, Chairman and CEO, Sempra Energy
• Arno Harris, CEO, Recurrent Energy
• Tom Kiernan, CEO, American Wind Energy Association
• Kate Marshall, Treasurer, State of Nevada
• Phyllis Cuttino, Director of Clean Energy Program, PEW Charitable Trusts
• Matthew Nordan, Vice President, Venrock (Venture Capital Firm)
• Ethan Zindler, Head of Policy Analysis, Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF)
• Chris Taylor, Executive Director, West Coast Infrastructure Exchange
• Doug Larson, Executive Director, Western Interstate Energy Board
• Dr. Neal Smatresk, President, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
WHEN: Tuesday, August 13, 2013
9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
WHERE: Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino
3950 S. Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89109
REGISTER: To register for general admission or as an exhibitor for Summit 6.0, read more information about the panels and panelists, or view periodic updates and notices, please visit cleanenergysummit.org.
Tags: Clean Energy