Silex Systems Ltd, a public company listed on the Australian Stock exchange (ASX:SLX). The company is developing advanced technology solutions for the 21st Century.
The company is concentrating on two key industry sectors:
- The Alternative Energy Sector
(Uranium Enrichment and Solar Energy)
- The Semiconductor and Photonics Sector
(Silicon Photonics, Advance Semiconductor Materials)
The company was founded on the use of lasers in Uranium enrichment. Having developed the SILEX (â€˜Separation of Isotopes by Laser EXitation) technology and licensed it to General Electric (GE), the company has continued to expand and grow in recent years.
Today the company has four subsidiaries:
- Silex Solar â€“ High Quality silicon PV Panels for the Australian Market (www.silexsolar.com.au)
- Translucent Inc â€“ Novel materials for the Solar, Semiconductor and Photonics markets (www.translucentinc.com)
- Chronologic â€“ Test & Measurement, Automation & Control and data acquisition instrumentation (www.chronologic.com.au)
- Solar Systems â€“ CPV Solar Plants for Utility scale applications (www.solarsystems.com.au)
The technology programs and products currently being developed in the Silex group will enable the company to impact energy generation in the renewable energy sector and advanced materials and devices in the semiconductor market.