What Can Solar Thermal Energy Be Used For?
Solar Thermal Energy is a very usable form of energy with many different ways to be used to meet conventional power requirements.
Some common examples of Solar Thermal Technology applications include:
- Domestic Hot Water
- Radiant & Space Heating
- Pool & Spa Heating
- Process Water Heating
- Snow / Ice Melting
- As passive solar it can be used to preheat the combustion air as it comes into natural gas burners to increase the combustion efficiency either for heating applications or industrial processes.
- The heat collector from a solar thermal collector can be used to power an absorption chiller that can be used as air conditioning or industrial process cooling .
- The heat collected can be used in a heat engine to produce linear or circular motion.
- As an heat engine the solar heat can be used to turn a generator and produce electric power.
- As part of a hybrid system that collect waste heat from a solar PV panel thereby raising the efficiency of the panel and the overall system efficiency.